The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) recently launched an automated Lost & Stolen Device System (LSDS) to prevent citizens from losing, stealing, or stealing their cellphones.
The LSDS is an automatic mechanism related to the PTA’s Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System (DIRBS) that allows accusers to have the IMEI of a phone blocked to prevent it from being used.
Calling PTA’s toll-free number, sending an email to PTA, or visiting the CPLC Karachi helplines used to be all it took to block or unblock mobile phones. These mediums, however, are no longer current as a result of the introduction of this system.
- If your phone has been stolen, stolen, or you appear unable to locate it, the PakistanTelecommunication Authority’s (PTA) Lost & Stolen Device System might start blocking it (LSDS).
- What you’re doing is this:
- Go to the PTA’s website for further information. PTA (Pakistan Telecommunication Authority) is a government-run company.
Please fill out the following fields.
At the top, check the box labelled “Admitting” the terms and conditions.
From the drop-down option, choose “Register Complaint.”
After completing the blocking request registration process, you will receive a complaint reference number, and the mobile phone will be blocked within 24 hours of reporting after mandatory verification.
How would I check the phone’s status?
- I’m not sure how I’d go about checking the phone’s status.
- The status of blocking can be verified after 16 hours after reporting.
- To verify the status, use the following methods:
Send a 15-digit IMEI through SMS to 8484.
Go to the PTA’s website.
App for Android
- The android app can be used to check the status of the device (DVS)
- Following the suspension of the stolen IMEI search, the following situation will be displayed.
- Your phone’s IMEI number has been disabled (it has been reported stolen, lost, or misused to PTA)
- The PTA’s mandate solely applies to phone blocking. To trace/track stolen phones, local police may be alerted.
- False reporting is also a crime with significant implications.
What is your phone’s IMEI number, and how do you find it?
The IMEI of a mobile handset can be obtained by dialling *#06#.