Change where the iTunes files are stored.
- Select Music > Preferences when Music is open.
- Open Music. Click on the “Files” tab.
- Ensure that the option to keep the Music Media folder organised is turned on. If it’s already checked, move on to the next step.
- To change where the media folder is, click Change. Your songs (or podcasts, videos, etc.) are currently stored in the folder that opens. You can change this place to anywhere you want.
- Choose the folder where you want to store your media files, and then click OK.
Copy the music you already have to the new place
- Select File > Library > Organize Library from the Music menu bar.
- Check the box next to Merge files, and then click OK.
- Once all the windows and prompts have gone away, you can be sure that the files have been copied to the new location. Open the folder you chose in Step 4 and look for the transferred media to be certain.
- You should see something called “Music.”
- After you’ve moved all your songs to the new folder, you can safely delete the old files.